Terms & Conditions
1. Visitors can enter the competition by following the steps in as outlined on www.afghanstar.tv. Visitors who fail to comply with the instructions will not be eligible to take part in the competition.
2. The auditions stage of the competition is open from 31th January until 7th February 2012. Subsequent dates will be announced as required. TOLO TV reserves the right to alter the Competition opening & closing dates/times in its absolute discretion.
3. Entry videos must not be illegal or unlawful and must not infringe any third party’s rights. We do not undertake to monitor the legality of the videos submitted. Videos that are considered offensive or lewd will not be accepted.
4. Entrants must be Afghan or have Afghan lineage from either their mother or father, and must be18 years or older. Eligibility documents including passport, national ID card or other valid ID may be required.
5. Entrants agree for their submitted videos to be used for competition promotional purposes.
6. By submitting their videos, entrants grant us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute their videos in any existing or future media for competition promotional purposes.
7. TOLO TV reserves the right to edit your submission. This may be for practical reasons such as broadcasting via cell/mobile phones, TV, cinema, festivals, or for moderation or other reasons we see fit.
8. An Afghan Star judging panel will review entered videos and select winners. The judge’s decision will be final.
9. Winners will be notified via email using the details provided in your submission email and video. Finalists and winners must respond to TOLO TV’s contact attempts within a day of notification. TOLO TV accepts no responsibility for being unable to reach you if these attempts are unsuccessful and reserve the right to withdraw your finalist or winner position and select alternative finalists or winners.
10. TOLO TV reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside TOLO TV’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice.
11. TOLO TV accepts no responsibility and shall not be liable in anyway for any delay, partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winners under these terms and conditions.
12. TOLO TV accepts no responsibility for and shall not be liable in any way to the winners and/or their guests for any expenses, injuries, liabilities, damages or even death or disability to the winners or damage to their property or loss of any kind suffered or sustained by the winners directly or indirectly as a result of, attributable to or in connection with their involvement in the competition.
13. No employees of TOLO TV or its affiliated entities are eligible to enter the competition.
14. The finalist may receive an economy class return travel from their city of residence to Kabul and hotel accommodation at a standard hotel for 2 nights in Kabul. This decision is at the discretion of TOLO TV management.
15. Any prizes are as described and do not include or imply anything else, including but not limited to transfers, spending money, insurance, etc.